Friday, October 11, 2013

Author Spotlight/Interview with Amber Mosby

Today I am happy to have on my blog, author Amber Mosby.

Amber Mosby
Amber Mosby was born in Forrest City AR. She has one younger sister. She moved to southern California with her mother and sister when she was 14 years old. She then spent her days moving around the area until she settled to San Francisco for college.

She has two degrees from San Francisco State University in psychology and photojournalism and she has high hopes of someday having a photo spread in National Geographic.


At this time she has no children and no pets but has plans to get a pot bellied pig which will be named P-ROK.



What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
My absolute favorite thing about being a writer is the challenge of storytelling. You get all these ideas and images in your head and it’s up to you to show other people what you see via your words. The details become so important; the inflection in someone’s tone, the menacing way a person might be standing. They reader can’t see any of that unless you (the author) tell the story right. I love the challenge!

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The hardest part of writing a book for me is knowing when to end it. I could go on and on with the story but I hate it when something gets dragged to death. I often worry that I should have added just a little more to make the story better.

How long have you been a writer?
I’ve been writing short stories and essays since I was 6 years old. I wrote my first novel Lyons’ Girl when I was 16 and I still write regularly. I am working on three new projects at this time including a trilogy and what could turn out to be a graphic novel 

What other careers have you had?
I have a degree in psychology and a degree in photojournalism so I have had all kinds of careers. I am getting a Master’s in Education at this time. Teaching and tutoring is something I have done for years as well as freelance photography when I’m not writing.

Where are you from?
I was born in the great state of Arkansas and spent most of my youth living in the southern states. After Arkansas, it was Tennessee, then Georgia, and Kentucky before we finally moved to California when I was 14

How can readers connect with you? 







No comments:

Post a Comment